Festive season is over and we are worried about after effects, thinking how to get rid of extra calories got from unhealthy junk we ate during festivals. Festivals are synonymous to partying and indulging and we can’t restrict ourselves from enjoying the festivities and if you have a sweet tooth like mine then it’s very difficult to detoxify easily. It takes couple of weeks to undo the toll taken on your system because it’s not magic…right. So have patience and start to detoxify yourself from today…..
1. Start your day with warm water mix with juice of half a Lemon, grated ginger,1spoon honey and pinch cinnamon powder.
2. If you are really keen for detoxification say NO to all sorts of sugars.
3. At least 10 glasses of water a day is important. Water will help flush out harmful toxins from your body.
4. Eat raw vegetables and fruits like cucumber, carrots, radish, tomatoes, onions, oranges, papaya, apples etc before every meal. Raw foods make you feel amazing and are known for removing toxins and healing your body fast.
5. Eliminate all fried foods like puris, pakodas, samosas, etc. from your diet.
6. Try eating five or six smaller meals rather than three large meals a day.
7. Intake protein rich food every day.
8. Stop restaurant foods at least for 2 months
9. Beware of beverages like soft drinks or any energy drinks
10. Most important is to exercise daily. At least start with brisk walk or run. Gradually move on to sit-ups and other exercises to tone the body.
11. Take a nice spa treatment or massage will make you feel rejuvenated and relaxed. After all, you’ve had a hectic schedule during the festive season and a little relaxation will definitely boost the detox process, reduce stress and get you feeling healthy and happy again.
There’s quite some time left until Christmas if you want to indulge again, so let’s get on with the detoxifying routine. I have started mine, what are you waiting for???
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST, DON’T FORGET TO LIKE, COMMENT and SHARE